Frequently Asked Questions:
Our workshops and parties are very casual and
fun. Typically our decluttering workshops last 1 – 2 hours depending on the number of participants and questions, but they can be adjusted to fit most time-frames. Our Parties are very customizable. A simple consultation type party can last an hour and a full declutter party could last 3 hrs. Below are a few of our frequently asked questions to help you with setting up your event:
What is the difference between a workshop and a party?
- Our workshops are typically hosted in a classroom/lecture format where the presenter presents content to a group. Our parties are typically for a smaller number of attendees and they select one or two areas of the home (usually pantry or closet) for us to teach organizing techniques using their space and belongings. It’s more hands-on.
Who can I invite?
- You can invite whomever you want to your event. This is your event, we are just presenters at the event. If you are ok with us opening the workshop invite to our subscribers, please let us know. Party invites should include your friends, family and/or employees. The key is to get people who are interested in the content and won’t mind getting involved.
When should I invite people?
- We encourage you to invite participants as soon as possible. If it is an open event, it is usually helpful to obtain RSVPs so you know the count of those attending. THB would be happy to assist in setting up a registration link.
Do you pick the location?
- No, the host is responsible for providing the location/space for their event. This can be held in your home, local library, office, hotel or other location that can accommodate your group.
Are there any space requirements?
- If hosting a workshop, we encourage you to have enough space for those invited and ideally a place for them to take notes (laps are ok too). You should also ensure the space isn’t too hot or too cold (i.e., hotel spaces tend to be on the cold side). if in your home, I would suggest having some open space (the floor, table, bed, etc.) for demonstrations and/or location to place a folding table.
Will you need special AV Equipment?
- This depends on the type of workshop you want. We can conduct PowerPoint based presentations, demonstration type presentation or lecture form presentations. AV equipment requirements vary depending on which option you choose.
What should we wear?
- Be comfortable, you could even turn it into a Pajama party if you want. That being said, clothing is not optional (wink).
How much are your workshops/parties?
- The cost depends on the length and involvement of the workshops/parties. Generally, if a non-profit organization is hosting the event it is Free. If it is an individual or for-profit organization the cost is $60 an hour. (Note: if party is done in a person’s space/home, we can use the host’s space to demonstrate some of the techniques, so theoretically they get hands on tips).
Is the price negotiable?
- Unfortunately it is not, we encourage you to invite participants and get their financial commitment early. We have had individuals purchase the event and invite friends as a gift and we have also had individuals who chose to split the cost of the event evenly among the participants.
Can we pay the night of the event?
- Unfortunately no, we must receive payment at least 24 hours in advance of the event to ensure we have the necessary items for your workshop. You can have one person pay and then divide the cost per person the night of the event, if you anticipate your numbers will change.
Should we serve refreshments?
- This is your event, you can make it as fancy or as laid back as you want. You can even go as far as having a theme if you want. Just let us know so we can participate (smile).