I know I have been on each of you to draft your first quarter goals and not only to create them but to write them down. The reason for that is that by writing something down you are making it real…by putting pen to paper you are having to go through the thought process of writing which puts it further in your brain. Do you remember hearing about teachers making kids write something over and over on the chalkboard? Or writing on a piece of paper over and over again? It’s the same thing…it commits it to memory.
I think we should also go one step further and put up reminders in common places. On your bathroom mirror…in your wallet, on your computer as a screen saver. Where ever you will see it without looking over it you should put it. For you tech savvy people out there set a reminder on your phone or calendar to pop up and tell you what your goal is for the day, week, month.
So without further ado…here are my goals for the first quarter of 2013:
1. Eat at least two meals with true vegetables in them a week. – I currently don’t eat nearly enough vegetables. In thinking through what I eat on a daily basis, I can’t really add up the servings of vegetables I have and that is not good. I don’t want to overwhelm myself or my system, but I do want to commit to eating at least two meals a week with servings of real vegetables (turnips, beans, corn, etc.).
2. Prepare four freezer meals – I am really big into us eating healthier meals and part of the “issue” we have is that we are tired when we get home and just don’t feel like cooking. I successfully made several crockpot “freezable” meals last year and I want to increase the options we have available.
3. Prepare four new crockpot meals – crockpot meals have proven to be successful for us so I want to discover and experiment with four new crockpot meals. These may actually double for #2, but the intent is that #2 will be created from meals I already make where as #3, is the creation of new meals. We will see.
4. Explore couponing at Harris Teeter – a friend of mine mentioned how great couponing is at harris teeter. I would like to learn how to coupon at this store and give it a try to add to my other stores (Publix and Kroger). I will plan to visit the store at least 4 times in the first quarter.
5. Post a total of 12 blog entries – I would like to post at least 1 post each week on the blog during the first quarter. I slacked off at the end of last year and I know it is just a matter of me focusing and getting it done. I enjoy blogging and hearing from everyone.
6. Drink 64 oz of water daily by the end of the quarter – this is a huge goal for me as I will start and stop and loose focus of this goal. I need to get my eye on the prize and make it happen! It is something that is really important to my health.
7. Declutter/organize 12 areas in my home – I have a list of things I want to accomplish and I need to complete 12 of those before the end of quarter 1.
8. Complete 4 cake toppers and present them to two Bakery’s to sale – this is a business endeavor we thought about and began acting up on late last year and although I received the materials I haven’t done anything with them. I need to get moving.
These are my goals for the first quarter. I purposely tried to keep them to an attainable number. It doesn’t mean I won’t struggle but based on my overall goals for the year…these are helping me get started. I plan to journal my experience here on the blog and let you know how I’m doing through the end of the first quarter. I encourage you to do the same. Post your goals here as a comment or on our facebook group page. As I update, each of you should update…this keeps us all accountable and we can help celebrate each of our successes along the way.
So… What are your goals?